1. There is ALWAYS, no matter what moment in life or time, something to be grateful for.
2. A few deep breaths can help in any situation.
3. A massage can make any day FABULOUS!
4. I feel happier/nicer when I exercise and eat right.
5. My mom bakes pure, genuine love into chocolate chip cookies, and I aspire to that.
6. Some days you just need a pedicure to help you feel pretty.
7. Singing is one of my biggest passions; it is one small, easy thing I can offer to anyone at anytime.
8. Making people smile and laugh absolutely makes my day.
9. The world is not fair. That sucks.
10. My day is fuller when I start it with prayer.
11. My nieces have given me some of the most joy-filled moments of my life...but I am still sooooo far from being ready for kids of my own.
12. My year-long service opportunity in Peru has taught me more valuable life lessons than I still have even processed.
13. Every day is another chance to get outside of your comfort zone.
14. I am worth the small indulgences of having fresh flowers in my room, a delicious-smelling candle burning, fancy perfume on-- just because.
15. I can ALWAYS be better at loving.
16. I never knew the impact my grandparents would have on me; I still tear up just thinking about them.
17. Whenever I'm sad, I know of 3 sure-fire ways to get me out of my funk: volunteering, playing with puppies and spending time with children.
18. Life is too short to not travel to as many places as possible.
19. Each person has a very unique story to tell. Stop long enough to listen and they might just tell you the exact thing you needed to hear!
20. The more I learn about life and love, the less material stuff matters.
21. I'd rather be fulfilled by my job rather than my paycheck.
22. Life is a lot easier once you accept your flaws, your past, yourself.
23. Truly living life is much more entertaining than watching other people do it on tv.
24. It is not possible to fill other people up when you haven't filled yourself up first-- and this starts with drawing on God for love and patience.
25. If you do the same thing you always do, you get the same thing you always got.
26. Don't underestimate the power of simple joys: beautiful weather, your favorite song coming on the radio, a great parking space that opens up at the perfect time, etc.
27. If you don't know how to fully resolve a situation, an "I'm sorry", home-made baked goods, and a solid hug can't hurt.
28. Sometimes you need a few days of watching daytime television to make you WANT to go back to work again!
29. I couldn't have gotten to where I am without my amazing parents and awesome community of friends.
30. God ALWAYS provides- maybe not in the way we expect or want, but He always follows through for our higher good.
Look at me! I'm 30 and in a kimono!
My amazing friends that came out to celebrate me! How lucky and blessed am I?! Thanks for all the birthday love!
Location:St. Louis, MO