Sunday, March 13, 2011

I heart newness.

Yes, it's true. I actually enjoy change...most of the time. I love new faces, new growth, new opportunities and new perspectives. This time at Hogar de Esperanza is giving me as much change as I can chew. It seems like every week someone new is either coming or going. It definitely gives the place a new feel each time someone new comes with their unique gifts, talents, and personalities. Enter Sophie and Michael from England...


My laughing quota has skyrocketed since they came only 8 days ago. They leave on Tuesday to go to Machu Picchu and then back to home sweet England. Their claim to fame? They live in the small village in England where part of the movie The Holiday was filmed. We've been having a blast hearing them do their American accents for us and then they judge us on who does the best British accent. I havent quite won...yet.

Enter Ashley from Nebraska...




I'm soooo happy she ended up here. She just came about a week ago, but has been in Peru since January volunteering with another organization. She is staying here 6 months to volunteer with us. I've had a blast getting to know her and definitely feel like she's been here a lot longer than a week.

Enter Alexandra, a new little girl from another orphanage...



Both of the new girls!!

We never get too much information regarding the childrens backgrounds, pasts, actually any information whatsoever. Please pray for a smooth transition for her. It sounds like the orphanage where she was staying was a bit of a rough place. I pray that she will be softened with love she receives here and her past will soon be a distant fading memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment