Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Carrots, haircuts, and a wedding, oh my!

A quick recap-

Since our faithful gardener (Mike who volunteered 2 months and worked every day in the dirt) left, I have taken on the watering duties. I know almost nothing about gardening. Ashley picked a bunch of carrots the other day to see if they were ready. I guess you could say they were ready...if you only wanted one bite! They were so cute! (why is anything small cute?!) I was so proud of my watering efforts!



Cute lil' things!






Ashley on a snack break!


Also, the other day, a beauty school came to practice and thus, gave all the kids free haircuts. Some loved it and some were not too pleased!












And lastly, one of the former volunteers got married last Sunday to a Peruvian! A lot of the staff, teenagers, and us volunteers were invited. We woke up at 5:15 am, drove almost 4 hrs in the orphanage van, enjoyed the wedding and dinner(s), and then drove back, getting home a little past 10:30 pm! A full, but fun day!



The bride and groom, Sam and Oscar




All aboard Bob, the orphanage bus!




Ashley and I all dressed up!




Some of our beautiful teenage girls




The handsome hombrecitos




Samir and I



Our table

No comments:

Post a Comment