Monday, June 13, 2011

To everything...change, change, CHANGE!

I feel like I just lost a life-line today. Today Whitney left the orphanage after her one year of service here. Before I even came, I was harassing her via email and facebook, asking her loads of questions about the orphanage, stuff to brief, expectations of what I would experience, etc. When I arrived here, she stepped right up and started showing me the ropes. The way Spanish easily and rapidly flowed from her mouth gave me so much hope. Maybe one day that would be me. It seemed like every question a person had was answered in the same way: "Whitney would know." Now that she is gone, it is a weird shift into more unknown and un poco mas scary times. I know the Lord will aid us greatly. He never fails. Life goes on. We prevail through things we never thought possible and even become stronger many times. However, that doesn't mean I won't miss her and it won't be a struggle at first. But there is even a gift in struggling. It brings us back to our core, our rock of existence. The season of change is among us here. Two volunteers have now gone and three more will go by the end of June. With bittersweet endings come fresh new beginnings. I'm excited for what still awaits me and all the lessons I have yet to learn through these precious children.

Thank you for giving to the Lord, Whitney. The kids and I have had lives that were changed because of you. We are so glad you gave. Vamos a extrañarte muchísimo!














No comments:

Post a Comment