Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mi cumpleaños!

So it seems like I have fallen off the blog wagon. Yes, I plan to get back on. It just takes a little "umph" to get my "rice butt" on board. That means being intentional and blocking out the voices that say I don't have very much "blog-worthy" stuff to say. Yes, I will stop using so many quotation marks.

Just 11 days ago, I celebrated my 29th birthday here in Peru. My volunteer family came up with a unique way of celebrating. Inspired by the movie Yes Man in which Jim Carey must say yes to everything, these crazy cats made me do dare after dare in the most public of places. If I refused, I had to don a piece of hideous rejected clothing from our orphanage garage sale. Some of the dares included: singing an Andrew Lloyd Webber song at the top of my lungs on the ledge of a fountain at the mall, kissing a duck mascot on his bill in the grocery store, eating a grilled cow heart (which is delicious, by the way), doing 25 jumping jacks after eating said cow heart while on the median of a 4-way BUSY intersection, etc. We had a lot of good laughs together...mostly at my expense. But I'm used to laughing at myself so it's all good.


Before birthday events commenced, sensing something fishy was going to happen.


My new birthday outfit and accessory



Planting one right on his kisser/quacker



Yet another outfit up/downgrade

These people really know me (or they listened well) and took me to a karaoke place to top off the night! Both Journey and Madonna made their presence known at Rustica in Trujillo, Peru!



Bryson looks really captivated by my singing, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment