Monday, November 8, 2010

Gracias Abuela Roth!

I've been taking more walks with my dog lately and absolutely LOVING it! It's my post-work decompressor and a chance to get out and explore new territory in my neighborhood and surrounding areas. This precious time is also when a lot of thinking, listening and composing happens. I wrote my most recent song on a walk...
I'm restlessly runnin'
Trying to be someone
That You would be proud of.
I'm restlessly runnin'
So take my heart, make it clean
While I'm on my knees
And restore me.
I'm restlessly runnin'.

Now is the time to run close to You
My starving soul longs for You.

My broken pieces long to be whole
Make me a new creation
Happy, healthy, full

You'll have to hear it in person someday...or on the radio :)
Anywho, so I'm walking and thinking about how HUGE this change in my life is going to be and kind of getting stressed out....a whole new language to absorb, new culture, food experiences, kids that probably won't listen to the 'new girl' for a while, going from working and having money to owing money for working full-time as a volunteer! I know it's still what I'm called to do right now, but I was just feeling heavy with all these thoughts. And then I saw it---a street sign with MIRIPOSA on it. Let me explain....

After my Grandma Roth went to heaven, we all started seeing butterflies all OVER the place! I mean, we found them EVERYWHERE, esp in times of trouble or hard times. My family considers that our sign from Grandma that she is there and everything will be ok. So getting back to MIRIPOSA.....it means BUTTERFLY in Spanish. Well, actually it's 'mariposa', but my grandma didn't speak Spanish, so she didn't know! I'm taking it and running with it! Gracias Abuela!!! Te amo!

3 comments:

  1. Kelly - you've completed touched my heart! It's one thing to trust in God & follow through, but when you've got Grandma's butterflies hovering, it's the icing on the cake! I am SO proud of you - follow your dreams!

    I love you so much,
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift you are to us and (soon) to the people of Peru! Keep walkin out on that limb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite an inspiration. Think you'll like this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZxUg0mcTJg

    ReplyDelete