Thursday, November 11, 2010

Is there Groupon in Peru?

I had the most perfect day--all because of THE wonderful invention called Groupon.com. I'm obsessed. Every day there is a deal of the day which offers a ridiculous bargain/incentive to try new things/places for so much cheaper than they really are. Today I used the groupons I bought earlier for a "free" smoothie, facial, and rock-climbing pass. As I'm starting to think more and more about my move to Peru, I'm thinking of the luxuries and excess we have in the United States. I know I'm going to be in shock for at least a few weeks once I get there, but I know it will be so good for me. I get caught up in it all sometimes--new clothes, eating out, buying whatever I want b/c of boredom, bad days, habit, or 'just because'. With less than 2 months until my departure date, I'm really trying to limit any and all new purchases because A)I likely don't need, B) I probably won't take it with me, and C) to get myself ready for the 'new way' come January!! Pray for me!

1 comment:

  1. I think the "Groupon in Peru" will be the most unbelievable thing you have ever experienced....you think the facial and rock climbing was good, you "ain't seen nothing yet"....Here comes a life changing experience that will really make you understand what God's plan is for you and at the same time, give you the most wonderful memories you can ever imagine! And most importantly, clearly define (although I know you already know this!!!) what is TRULY important in life and that as Grandpa Madden said, "you never truly give anything away" because you receive so much more than you give!!! Words cannot express how proud I am of you, but excited as well. Although I will truly miss you, this is a God directed opportunity that will truly continue to change your life...God must surely be smiling as He looks down at you and realizes someone is listening to Him :) - Love from your mom who adores you!!!

    ReplyDelete