Monday, April 25, 2011

Peruvian aerobics changed my life!

About a month and a half ago, I discovered a tiny aerobics studio in the next town over and it's been the biggest blessing to me! I'm a new woman! It felt so good to get back into the grove of making my body really work, sweat, release stress and energy and be rejuvenated. And one of the best parts- we now have Peruvian friends! They are really welcoming us and making us feel a part of everything. The first few weeks we went to class, we got free workout outfits (free marketing for her studio in the United States!), one friend took us out for ceviche, a famous fish delicacy here, marinated in lemon juice, another made us arroz con leche (rice pudding from scratch), a yummy meal of goat and tres leches cake, 2 bday party invitations (I need a separate blog for that), and a trip to tour a town called Otuzco. Thank you, Lord, for the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual lift that this has brought me. Niche #1 accomplished!




Ceviche- it was actually kinda tasty when I closed my eyes.



Fellow volunteer Ashley and aerobics friend, Ana




My new gear




Aerobics instructor, Nella




On our way to Otuzco. New volunteer Laura from New Zealand front right




The center of town in Otuzco




Lovin' the llamas




My first bite of fried guinea pig. Note the fear/shame blend in my eyes.




My guinea pig foot cigar. I am an unusual bird.




This guy played the drums for us and Ashley was prompted to give him a kiss on the cheek. Friends forever!




With Ana's son, Paolo




A waterfall we passed on the curvy mountainous way home




I miss old people.




Don't fret- I love the youngins', too.




Virgin de la Puerta- patron saint of Otuzco




These candles are lit at all times- ppl light them and lift up prayers.










No comments:

Post a Comment