Thursday, October 13, 2011

I keep, keep bleeding love.

I'm practically a Peruvian television star! Today the press came to do a piece on Hogar de Esperanza and some of us volunteers were interviewed and photographed. The interviewer asked me how my experience has been here. Lucky for him and for me, I was doing some reflecting earlier in the day.

This place has changed how I see life in general. Life is too short not to love profoundly, like I have been shown here in the orphanage. Seeing the resilience of the kids gives me hope. I came here to help, but in reality, I am the one who has been helped, through the love of the kids and the support of the staff and other awesome volunteers aka family. While praying for the kids and their ability to forgive those who have hurt them in the past, I have the courage to take steps to repair my brokenness as well. My capacity to love has greatly increased since coming here.

Don't get me wrong- it's not all butterflies and rainbows here. It's insanely hard, but definitely worth it. I never knew I could or would love and adore these kids as much as I do. My heart will likely bleed when I leave them and this place on December 2nd. However, I have learned without a doubt that if the Holy Spirit (or "the silent nudging that never goes away") calls you to do something, DO IT!!!!! He will equip you and give you courage, and it just may be the best thing you've ever done.



The whole orphanage took a trip near the mountains on Wednesday to swim, play games, and enjoy this time together celebrating the 10th anniversary of the orphanage. Above- Jorge and I hanging out.




Jo and Abel representing the yellow team.



Stephanie and Rosita



Bryson and Jhon



The cooks even got to come!



Paul trying to pick me up! He looks like he is in pain.



This is my favorite picture in the whole world.



Oh, Alejandro, melter of my heart.


David looks pretty ferocious.



Go team verde!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment