Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mis padres vinieron y salieron

What a fun but crazy whirlwind of a visit! My parents were supposed to get in around 7am on Sunday, Feb 20th, but unfortunately my dads body disagreed. My friend and I went to pick them up and knew their flight was going to be delayed bc of some serious fog, but had no clue they were not even ON the flight! Apparently, they had only gotten 2-3 hours of sleep after they got into Lima late Fri night and had to be at the airport around 3:30 am for the Lima to Trujillo flight. The only thing to eat in the airport at that time was Dunkin Donuts and between that, no sleep, traveling, prob dehydration, etc, my dad collapsed on the airplane! Only 15 min in to the 1hr flight, they turned the plane around and had an ambulance waiting. He was a new man after lots of IV fluids and rest. They medically cleared him to fly and my friend kristi and I picked them up at 5pm. They were really excited to get here and the kids gave them a royal welcome with tons o' hugs!

My dad seemed to be doing a lot better until lunch time when he almost passed out again!! Nonstop water and rest was his schedule for the rest of the day. We did finally get to get out to the market, the mall, the next town for "magical burgers" that have a thin patty of meat, a fried egg and French fries all for about 60 cents!! They saw the plaza de armas, the center of town, and the cute beach town, Huanchaco. They were amazing with the kids! I think my mom actually learned all 41 of their names in less than a week!! I don't know who had more fun, my parents or the kids. Each day they passed out another treat: stickers, marbles, t-shirts made by uncle and his company, candy bars and more candy!! These kids were in heaven! Before they left on Saturday, we took the 3 kids from my tutoria out to pizza hut and to get ice cream for an end of summer and summer programs treat. They start school this week. Now I know how moms feel at the end of summer! Let more structure begin!!




They made it..finally! And in 2 pieces!




Hugs all around!




Can you say CAVATIES and BRIBERY??!!







The shirts my uncle, aunt, and Team Sportsprint made! They loved them!








Warning: candy attracts swarms of children.





Our trip out!




Is that baby Eva or baby Jessica? Hard to tell!








3 comments:

  1. You have a pizza hut?!? So not fair...that is on my top 5 list of things I miss from the states. We'll definitely have to come up and visit you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Starbucks, Papa Johns, and KFC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THESE!!!!! sooooooooooo cute!!! And yes, baby Jessica is Eva's twin!!!!

    ReplyDelete