Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pretty in pink (eyes) again! NO!!!

Ok, I need to have a serious couples counseling session between Peru and my eyeballs. They are simply not getting along! Pink eye has struck again...hopefully for the last time!

Well, other new experiences...
Almost needing to crowd-surf on the micro (bus about the size of a small school bus) due to about 60 peeps shoving themselves in...likely over capacity, but it's Peru...which means nothing surprises me anymore. It was tough to know where to look, too...straight ahead=a few hairy armpits in yo' face, to the left=an overweight belly protruding into you, to the right=a middle-aged woman breast feeding with full boob-age showing, to the back=a stinky chicken!

So my friends and I survived getting to the mall and were greeting by a mime in the mall! Love the randomness! And then I almost ran into a stuffed mascot of a telephone near the cell phone stand. On the way home, our lives flashed before our eyes multiple times as the taxi put on "Girls just wanna have fun", "Land down under", and "Thriller" and watched us sing at the top of our lungs from the rearview mirror the whole time...which meant he didnt see the huge potholes or bumps that we flew over at 60 mph!!

The rice is starting to get really old...and the things they decide to pair it with. Seaweed, a fish patty, beans, beans, beans! I'm getting sad I see my stock of cliff bars diminish to a frightening two. I have discovered a drink that brings me a lot of joy. Inca Kola- how much more Peruvian can it sound? Oh, ps...my english is starting to suck. I keep forgetting how to say things correctly or the names for certain things.

The founder, David Miller, and his wife are here for a week so that's cool to be able to talk to the guy who started this whole operation 9 hrs ago! I've attached a pic.



Ok, on to more adorable pictures of the Kiddos.


















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. i wanna learn sand surfing!!!!!!! bummed to get cut off today. .. rain date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a 'bueno' adventure you are having:) I had inca kola at the peruvian restaurant 'mango' in affton: de-licious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kel! No mo' pink! Sorry honey!! eee! Yet, I'm glad Inca Kola and cute kiddos seem to sweeten your days:) Love you, MZ

    ReplyDelete