Sunday, January 9, 2011

Estoy aquí!!




















Thank you to all who stormed the heavens and made this a ridiculously
smooth transition! Thanks to my dad and AA (not alcoholics anonymous) for first class (4A!) the whole way and putting me next to good seat mates! Besides being a tad overwhelmed and my brain waves being overstimulated, I am happy,


healthy, and well. I had my first trip to town today for church, the store, the market, and raspadillas, something similar to a snow cone. I understood about 10 words in church so it
made for a LONG 2 hours! I called it "create your own sermon" bc I was just trying to link together the words I knew and make sense of them. The micro bus was interesting to say the least-i barely got one foot on before the thing took off! I now know to move QUICKLY! The kids are adorable and want to hug you all the time! I wish I had more arms! My


room is small but cozy and I tried to make it mine by covering it in pics- I feel like many of you are spending the nights with me! Tomorrow all the summer programs start so it will be a busy jam-packed day. We start with a kick-off morning devotional at 8 then I'm scheduled the rest of the day until 5:30 tutoring, teaching guitar, starting a choir (?!!), teaching jewelry-making (?!!), teaching sand boarding down the sand dunes in the back yard (!!), etc. I'm exhausted already and that's just the English


version! Pics to come!

- Posted using BlogPress from


my iPad

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful. You did a great job decorating. Tommorrow sounds like a busy and fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you had a smooth transition!!! I am eager to hear how your first few days of life in Peru go- I'm sure you will hop right in and go full force and be a blessing:) mucho amo from the Wolters

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your room decs :) so kelly! we heart you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea!! So happy you made it safe! Love your decor! Can't wait to read your experience!! How are you updating your blog from the ipad...I got an ipad for Christmas too and can't figure it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly - you are amazing! I can't believe you've decorated already. Give those ninos some abrazos from me! You should sleep well every night - sounds like they're gonna give you a run for your money!!! Enjoy all of it!

    Love you,
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear that you're settling in. Sounds like there's no shortage of things to keep you busy and having fun! Miss you already, but praying like crazy that this is a great experience for you. Sounds like it's starting out to be :) Love ya!!! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly - I am glad things are going so well and that you are getting acclimated to the new surroundings.

    Matt Rockamann

    ReplyDelete