Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy 1 week anniversary to me!

Well, I have officially survived living in Peru for one whole week!! Funny how it seems like I've been here for a month! And probably have already gained a few pounds from all the bread, rice, and potatoes!! The other volunteers have said it's customary to have a "food baby" during your time here! The days have gotten a little easier as the week has gone on, but this is still MUCH harder than I ever anticipated!!!! I'm happy to say my Spanish is improving by the day, but it still gets very overwhelming when the kids come up to you in packs and talk at the speed of light. I have all the basics down pat ("listen to me", "look at me", "do you want to be punished?", "sit down", "be careful", "don't hit", "obey me", "do you want a sticker/chocolate?") I'm reading children's books 5x/day and looking up all the words I don't know so I have random words in my vocab that I probably won't ever forget...warts, dandruff, snout, claw, whip, wig, etc!!! Some peeps have asked for my address here...
Albergue Infantile Hogar de Esperanza
Autopista Moche/Salaverry KM 3.5
Frente de Camal de San Fransisco
Trujillo, Peru
South America

If you want to send chocolates or any candy for the kids, i would use it to bribe them to be good during my groups and I would love you forever!!!!!!
Escribiré mas pronto....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the address. I'll get a package together pronto. I may need to include toothbrushes and floss with the candy...just so I don't feel guilty. miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you say "Do you want to be punished? and do you want a sticker/chocolate?" (I might need to use these phrases with TIM! :) JK!

    I'm so grateful for our chat yesterday...miss you so much! 1 week down..47 to go?! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kel! I finally found you in PERU-vin love territory! Fabulous background and thanks for your sincere thoughts--Stay close to Jesus on your necklace:) Love, MZ aka "via" or "muse"--working on my artsy blog:)

    ReplyDelete