Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Precious Moments

As hard as times can be around here, they can be as equally sweet. Sometimes I find myself stopping in my tracks, pausing for a stand-still mental snapshot, hoping to freeze time in that perfect moment as long as I can. I really savor these God-given morsels; they enable me to not only survive a tough week but moreover, to THRIVE.






Here is Alejandro's giant smile that can light up the whole room if he chooses to give it to you. When he first came to the orphanage, all he knew was abuse and hitting. Apparently, all he did was hit. People, the walls, the table, toys, the ground, anything and everything. God and the power of love have transformed him and he is such a pleasure to be around and to watch him continue to grow into the child of God he was designed to be.










I can't put into words how much joy I get from Consuelo's hugs. She needs to give hug classes or even seminars- they are THAT GOOD! They always last at least a minute and include a tight squeeze and usually an "I love you, Tia." The last one she gave me yesterday she said, "I love you more than my madre tutora "(the "mom" that lives in the house with them.) I melted.











I adore one of my new duties at the orphanage. It involves stealing baby Jessica out of the house 3x/week for "learning" aka holding, snuggling, swinging and singing to her WITHOUT GUILT! The madres pretty much discourage us from holding her bc they think she's getting accustomed to it and cries because of this. SHE'S A BABY!!!! Infuriating. Today she started to "sing" and coo after me while I was singing "You are my Sunshine", my Grandma's trademark/legacy.







Pedro, one of the hyper-active twins totally passed out mid-writing today during homework time. It was so cute to see these tranquil side of him. Check out the legitimate drool in the corner of his mouth!


1 comment:

  1. this blog just melted my heart!!! I can imagine how amazing it must feel to freely love on Jessica! (how horrendous they don't approve of the nurturing she needs) I just see LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, pouring out here: from you to the kids, from the kids to you, from God on all of you!!! Wow- what an amazing journey:)

    ReplyDelete