Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What a developmentally delicious day!

I'm so proud of my "kids"! I seriously felt like a beaming, proud mother today. I even cried. (which doesn't take much, I know). During "therapy" with Jessica (that is what we are calling it to make the madres feel better abt me snatching the baby to rock, sing, swing, babble, walk, etc) she was walking all OVER the place by herself and she wasn't even giving me the sad pouty face for me to pick her up. Then I introduced her to the Talking Tom Cat application on my iPad for her to start being stimulated to make sounds, babble, and TALK! And guess what happened next? She said "mama"!!!!! Or repeated me and the talking cat! And not the best word choice to teach an orphan, but hey!! SHE TALKED! She's almost 17 months. It's no surprise that she is delayed. She came from a horrendous family situation and I'm so glad the Lord blessed her by bringing her here at such a young age.










On to the next treat. Enter Jorge, 6 yrs old and seriously lacking all the educational stimulation that a proper household would have provided. Thus, he is 6 yrs old and can't write his name. Correction: He is 6 yrs old and could not write his name UNTIL TODAY!!!!! His eyes became as wide as watermelons when he saw what he had done! He was obviously as proud of himself as I was. I just sat there in amazement, clapping, cheering, and then tearing up. The 2 boys asked, "Tia, why are you crying?" I said, "Because I'm so proud of you guys! You are my boys!" Perfect moment. Perfect day.








No comments:

Post a Comment